SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 21 February 2009

Eardrum: Benga & Caspa

An absolutely massive night once again, Eardrum firmly establishing itself as the number one dubstep night in Birmingham. Last nights offering was Benga,Caspa, Miller G & Nispy, Lotek, Jason X and Process. The hours of 12 till 3 were off the fucking hinges.

Arriving just after 12, Miller G and Nispy were smashing their way through the midnight set, as I walked through the door I could hear "My Pet Monster" so I proceeded straight into the Med Bar.

Greeted by the ususal suspects, the atsmosphere inside was electric, I could resist it no longer. I whipped out the camera and headed out to dancefloor. Passed by Caspa and Rod Azlan and was given the business card of the editor of "International DJ Magazine" and told to forward my pictures to him, so we'll see if any fruit comes from that!

Back to the music, Miller G and Nispy proving why they are the number one dubstep duo in Birmingham leaving the crowd a sweaty mess. Black widow spider really tore the roof off for me... just look at the crowd.

DSC_0030

DSC_0050

DSC_0009

One o'clock came and up stepped Caspa, the intro being the Skream Im for the Kill remix just took everyone by shock, serious every hair on my body stood on end. Words cannot describe how sick that tune is. He flew through all the usual Subsoldiers material to the overly excitable crowd, hosted by Rod Azlan it was business as usual and an ear arousing 60 minutes.

DSC_0094

DSC_0098

Benga stepped into the booth donning a black and white polo shirt and matching raybans, not forgetting the big bottle of spirits aswell...

DSC_0128

The next 60 minutes were absolutely gut renching, I don't know if I can properly put it into words so i'll just list some of tracks.. Buzzin, Eastern Jam Vip, Purple City, Metalick, La Roux remix, basically Benga absolutely fucking smashed it, as usual had the ravers eating from his hand with his mic antics. Benga is an amazing DJ and one hell of a show man.

DSC_0163

Drawing girls from the crowd with his riddim..

DSC_0168

Im summary Benga needs to fuck off. Last night was epic, I wish I could rewind back and do it all again.

Im going in for the kill, I'm doing it for a thrill. I'm hoping you'll understand.

Check all the pics here:



Roll on the next Eardrum.

11 comments:

Tom.B said...

i have to agree, 12-3 were some of the best hours of my life...

J4K3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

was so sick

Anonymous said...

skreams n bengas b2b at east village on thursday nite were also disgusting

!
!
!

WALLY said...

i wasnt on the mic

wot u on about

Anonymous said...

haaaa im the chick drooling all over benga, my mission was to tell him hes the king of dub... ammmazing night xx

J4K3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

^^^it's dubSTEP.
dub is a different genre and benga doesnt produce it.

Candy Man said...

I skanked out so hard even my shoes were scared of me!

seriously good night!

Anonymous said...

benga's profile picture on myspace is one of yours :)

Anonymous said...

I hate people who say DUB two diffrent things girl.

SICKKK night, my highlight was when going in for the kill came on aaarrhhh.

yayy baby benga's default:)