SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 20 June 2009

Stussy Remembrance

Just read this on Shawn Stussy's blog and found it quite interesting. We get a little insight into Mr Stussy's view on the current streetwear market.

stussyscreens

I came across this shot of some old screens from way back... I find it kind of amazing how many miles this design has clocked over the years... When I did this design around twenty years ago, I was just doing it for the immediate shock value of messing with the luxury brands at the time... Since leaving my old corporation many moons ago, they have had this design in pretty much constant rotation... They always have some attempt going to snazzy it up, breathe some life into the aging showgirl...I hope it will be remembered for the spirit in which it was created, and not some caricature of a watered down streetwear world... SS

I for one remember.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no u don't remember ollie

ur only in your 20s like the rest of us here so u don't remember vintage stussy or streetwear in the 80s and 90s

stop fronting all the time

@OllieDanger said...

Jog on you customer. Keep checking my posts and keep beggin my attention.

From the day i started buying 'streetwear' until today the market has changed even if that day was 2 years ago and if you dont see that then you really are on a beggance.

Anonymous said...

are u on ur period cause dank called u whiter than toothpaste in matts post?

Anonymous said...

ever tried writin anythin positive? can tell youre from cov man, all bad vibes