SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Wednesday 7 January 2009

Cool Running...

So I truly feel uninspired by the sneakers out at the moment, its been nearly a year now that I rarely see anything other than black upper and white midsole when i look down at my feet. I’ve got nothing against the Vans, i’ve been wearing the Taka Hayashi’s on a regular. But damn it’s all getting a bit bland and boring. I know times change and trends come and go, like when we were all wearing SB’s and now you don’t see many on road at all. This year i’m anticipating some big sneaker releases.

I’ll tell you what has had me straining my neck of late though and that’s the various running shoes I’m seeing out and about. The running shoe doesn’t feature much during the winter months reason being that most of the materials used aren’t waterproof, that’s not stopping people from buying though. Let me share with you what has been catching my eye.

The first pair is Adidas ZX. I owned a pair a few years ago and all I can remember is that they were mad comfy. Anyway this shoe is due a comeback…

The latest pair to be released to my knowledge are the ZX 9000. This shoe has been a great servant to Adidas, point proved by being one of the most popular silhouettes…

AdidasZx9000


Another nice pair from Adidas were the ZX Racers. The colourway is brave but someone out there can make them work. Also available in the classis Adidas White/Blue colourway…

AdidasZXrunner

If none of these offerings from Adidas are for you then head over to Adidas and check out the aZX competition entries. Last summer Adidas gave everyone the chance to become a sneaker designer and allowed people to customize their own ZX 700 model, this wasn’t just another brand giving people a few colours to play with, this was your chance to have full creative control from materials, positioning and colourways.

Next up is a shoe that I have admired for nearly as long as I’ve been buying sneakers. The brand in question is New Balance. There are about 4 standout shapes for me, one being the MT580.

Hypebeast informs me that the latest release for this model is the GORE-TEX MT580’s…

NewBalanceMT580

Another shape I’m drawn to is the 574’s. Here New Balance team up with G Shock and KiksTyo..

NewBalancexGshock

Another collaboration, this time with A.R.C...

NewBalanceARC

The shape im currently considering is the 576, which is my favourite shoe from New Balance. Here are some of the shoes released in the ‘Elements Pack’…

NewBalance576

And finally from Reebok we have the Ventilator. I’m slightly ashamed to say I own a pair of these, I don’t know what I was thinking when I copped. What I will say though is that they are extremely comfortable and are perfect for road running (not that I road run)…

Reebok

There are plenty of other running shoes that are available, shout to the Nike Waffle, Adidas Equipment range and the Asics Gel collection plus all those that i've missed.

What are you thoughts on this selection and running shoes in general?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post ollie ;)
definately more on the sneaker game needed on this blog!!!!!!
definately thinking new balance is big in the game at the moment.

Anonymous said...

spot on ollie!
everywhere i look in london these days its just pigs and goons, the time, if ever, to invest in some good running shoes.
I myself went for some Discblazes just yesterday (sadly unrepresented in the post) and am fully behind this transition. Pretending to run seems, somewhat, less far-fetched than pretending to skate, at least upon being pushed to prove it everyone is able to oblige!
Hold tight Gel Lyte IIs also.

Anonymous said...

i dont agree with ur selection but thats my opinion. Supras are mad comfortable as are jordan. I really dont rock anything else a few sb's n dunks. feeling the reebok pumps chinese new year aswell

Anonymous said...

^^^
this brer came in a time machine from 07

Anonymous said...

Sb's n Dunks.... Ooooookaaaayyyy

Anonymous said...

calm down love, you could try pm'ing ollie next time instead of commenting on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Lets get straight to the point 90's and air max 1's may be every where you turn but they will always be the true zingers! plus have got some nice colour ways due for SS09!

@OllieDanger said...

Joe...theres no need for that much passion.

AC i know what your saying, running doesnt seem to be the most glamorous sport but that may help the sneakers longevity. The Discblazes needed a spot in the post your right, those kicks were a pivotel moment in sneaker technology.

Gel Lyte II's are another good example of a running shoe topping the most wanted sneaker chart.

23.00 SB and Dunks comment i dont think you understood the post...its about running shoes.

Air Max 1's are stand alone sneakers they dont have to answer to anyone. But its a breath of fresh air when other brands steal the limelight from time to time.

kech_kicks said...

Ollie
I think what you'll find at the moment in regards to running shoes is that the men's market as of late has been pretty dier, the womens running shoes however have been getting stronger and stronger, with the Nike Lunar Racer (in transparent &fluoro)a BIG hit for SS09!!
Anyway, i could ramble on about this shit for ever...so hit at me on kanda mad on kicks (i'm on the blog list...but im sure u know!!)
peace and kicks

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Best runners in recent years :

1. Nike Vengeance 2005 reissues
2. NB Asian 574s from 2006
3. Adidas Oregons 2008 reissues

Loop said...

As regards SBs: I still like them though colourways over the last year or more have been pretty weak. On the other hand now the hype has died down you can pick up the older (nicer) stuff cheaper so it's all good....

As for the proliferation of the running shoe: How much influence do you think the resurgence of the skinny jean has had?

I think he move to a slimmer silhouette has in turn lead to slimmer styles of footwear (and thus the running shoe gains favour once more).

@OllieDanger said...

Kech Kicks your blog is doing big things. I'll check out whats available for the ladies.

Loop thats an interesting point but im not seeing many people rocking the skinny jeans and running shoes, they tend to team them up with pumps, brogues or winklepickers. I'll keep my eye out though.

Jake the SNAKE you have never seen my collection. What sneakers should i be posting about?

Anonymous said...

1) i dont want to see your collection.

2) im not telling you.