SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Dour Festival 2010

Got back from Dour festival yesterday afternoon and I can't really work out how I survived it.

Not really down with a festival but when my friends told me they booked this I weren't about to say no. Dour festival sets up shop in Belgium and lasts for a pretty full 4 days. Voted the best medium sized festival in Europe.

The line up is a real mix, it ranged from rock to drum n bass to ragga to punk to hip hop. Everything alternative. My showstoppers were DJ Markey, Starkey, Emalkay, Benga, Skream, DJ Zinc, Capleton, Jr Reid, Buraka Som Sistema (destroyed it). There were so many French hip hop acts that I can't remember, hip hop in French just sounds better.

Caught a few pics...

IMG_0269

IMG_0272

IMG_0324

IMG_0308

IMG_0325

IMG_0330

IMG_0341

IMG_0350

IMG_0367



IMG_0461



IMG_0455

This will give you some idea of the atmosphere, this was one of the 6 tents. One of the headline act on the Saturday night. Looking at about 70,000 deep...



IMG_0468

IMG_0471

IMG_0469

IMG_0474

In its 22nd year the festival attracted 125,000 people. The organisers have got this spot on. We were blessed with perfect weather, the vibe was on point, the security weren't anywhere to be seen and I didnt see any trouble.

Expect lots of white rasta's, loads of plain Jane's skanking harder than you and more weed than you can smoke.

Highly recommend Dour 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah mate, french hip hop sounds dope. Not sure i'd last 4 days @ a festival myself.