SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Outlook Festival 2011

For the second year running Outlook festival in Croatia has smashed it. This year was SO much bigger, with a total capacity of 12,000 people so I was told. As usual the line up was a who's who of dubstep, drum n bass and the whole "bass music" scene. With hip-hop highlights from Pharoahe Monch, Jehst & Foreign Beggars.

Considering I'm renowned as a "dubstep head" I honestly didn't catch many dubstep sets, which enabled me to really experience the true depth of the line up beyond the "dubstep allstars" and I found the festival so much more refreshing. My personal highlights were; Ikonika, the Black Box boat party, the whole Autonomic stage, ARP 101, Benji B, Untold and dBridge.

I didn't really venture near the main stage and spent the majority of my time in the Fort (last years main room, which seemed so miniscule compared to the new main arena). The only thing that disappointed me, was the sound for the DMZ night on the Dock stage. Maybe I'm being sentimental or just a "chin stroker" but DMZ on that scale just didn't work for me, not to mention the gaping hole in the sound where the bass should have been.







On the whole Outlook was a massive success, but for me it seemed a little out of touch with the heads and catered more for the "lets get wasted and take a fuck load of MKAT/MDMA/Hybrid super drug student guys, rocking an Obey snapback and pin rolled chino's. I went to Croatia, with a feeling that the embers of dubstep are not burning as brightly as they once may have and yes there is still some very very good dubstep being made, the depth of the line up allowed me to explore so much more of the "bass music" scene and remove any doubts that there isn't a fuck load of quality, fresh new music out there.

Now for the flicks..

We had an extra flatmate called Yan (It wasn't confusing)


Big Beer

Little Rum

Morgan Zarate

Hyperdub

Sir Danger

Outside the Fort


Ikonika



Kode 9


Matt U & The Ball Room


I was fortunate enough to get a spot on the Black Box Records boat party, a massive shout to Stephen from Chemical for that.



DJ T_!





DJ Madd

Diccon (Black Box CEO) dishing out the free vinyl

Headhunter


A new meaning to flinging back the record..

Club Atonomic





One of the numerous tunnels in the Fort

ARP 101



Seiji

Back to Club Atonomic for dBridge




Beach antics




1970's decor

Benji B


Untold


Pearson Sound & Hessle B2B B2B B2B





Dockside

SP:MC again....

dBridge

Out to Chemical keeping the party rolling until 6 in the morning




Team photo

Extended family member (literally)

Giant water

RIP Cabs

Last day blues
Big up everyone involved and everyone who made the trip. Croatia Croatia!

If you can handle any more pics check them @ Wittsphotography


Ps. Spellman you need to post your pics because they're SICK!

No comments: