SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Sunday 4 May 2008

Bank holiday Friday & Saturday

The weekend that promised so much has actually been a little disappointing. Nothing bad, just more was expected from such events and line ups. It seems I'm rarely happy these days?

Friday night I stopped off at Rooties with some of the Coventry gang to check out Greg's first ever DJ set. A Dubstep night hosted by Bigger than Barry, Stayed for an hour or so checked out a bit of DJ Obvious and left for Valve. Here's a new myspace picture for Greg though..

P1050596

Valve on Friday was big, but still I expected more, the only DJ who really stood out for me was Dillinja playing fresh productions throughout. Proving Dilly is still on top of the game!

Shy FX was impressive, a little dubstep break down on Valve was appreciated, dropped a few classics and and even Killers don't die from Hazards Machete Bass EP which you all know I'm especially fond of..

Bailey also came with tunes, some classics, some fresh plates and top mixing. All faultless sets but for some reason it just wasn't amazing?

Maybe it's my drum n bass snobbery or maybe the Valve events just haven't progressed from last year? Maybe they have hit their peak? Who knows?

Big shouts to Glacius, Miller G, Nipsy & Emile in the Dubstep room. Massiveness as usual and look out for their "What?" dubstep night coming soon @ Concrete with Hatcha headlining..

Pictures:

P1050597

P1050604a

P1050609

P1050612

P1050613

P1050615

P1050620

After spending the best part of Saturday in bed recovering from Friday, plans were made:

Faux Real @ The Bulls Head
Stupid Underground @ The Custard Factory
Drop Beats not Bombs @ Rainbow/Rainbow Warehouse

The night promised so much again, meeting Olivia on the bus (after a slight mix up with bus stops) we headed to Moseley, after a brief stop to sort out her sleeping arrangements at her sisters place we headed for Faux Real, finding it a little empty at around 10 we headed out and grabbed Subway whilst awaiting Robs company. Once the foot longs were consumed (not by me) we headed back over to the Bulls Head, a much busier venue now with Blacksmile on the decks the crowd were warming nicely.

P1050625

P1050627

P1050630

P1050633

P1050634

Also hold tight this drunken wasteman attempting some acrobatics for the camera

P1050635

12.30 Came and I jumped in a cab and headed for Digbeth, caught Ollie, Ed and Sally outside Tuc Shop before heading into the Custard Factory.

A heaving factory with the Med bar, Pool and Kitchen all very busy, I wandered round and snapped a few pix. With drum n bass in the Med Bar I had a little skank to Cemtex & Alix Perez, the MC's over shadowing the tunes a little but the beats were still serious.

All three arena's were heaving, not surprising for the biggest free party the Factory has ever hosted!

Many thanks to Cemtex for the list entrance!

P1050640

P1050641

P1050644

P1050645

P1050649

P1050651

P1050652

P1050664

P1050669a

P1050674

I then met Ollie & Ed again and proceeded to Drop Beats. I went to the instructed point to obtain my guestlist wrist band only to find my name not down on the list and the list I should have been on had all the names checked off, I wasn't in the mood to argue my case or try and obtain entrance so I jumped in a cab home.

Shouts to everyone I saw, I hope entrance to Drop beats tonight is gained, and I hope for a better evening!

LINK TO ALL OF THE WEEKENDS PICTURES HERE

Paix!

No comments: