Boxpark has been with us for a fair few months now, you've not doubt heard all the talk and hype surrounding 'the worlds first pop-up mall'. I've been down and checked it out and it's still overly disappointing, my opinion hasn't changed since I heard Boxpork was coming and wrote this post early last year. I think I expected brands to be a bit more creative with these 'temporary spaces'. It doesn't make sense to me to have standard limited stock in an inconvenient temporary retail space.
Anyway, a few weeks ago the guys at Nike informed me that they've got something special planned for their Boxpark units. When all the stores saw their competitors taking up space and rushed to get involved Nike simple added their name above their door and kept the doors firmly closed.
Fast forward a couple of months and to coincide with the launch of the 'Fuel Band' Nike now have full reason to open their doors and show some shit off. Check out the video below to see Nike's contribution to Boxpark. 'The world’s first ever Nike+ FuelStation'...
What you should expect to find in the Nike space...
- ‘Digital mannequins’ – motion sensitive intelligent mirrors that reveal film footage of local runners wearing key products from the store
- Interactive touch screens – providing consumers with information about Nike+ products, Nike+ Run Club sessions and products
- Weekly Nike+ Run Club – free running club open to all East London runners
- Physio and nutritionist services – free regular consultations with physios and nutritionists for Nike+ Run Club members
- Gait Analysis – in-store treadmill to allow consumers to purchase the right shoe for their running style
- Nike+ FuelBand interactive experience - a motion sensitive installation where consumers see a life-size, digitized reflection on an LCD wall that reacts to movement to create a stunning piece of digital art that can be shared with friends via social networks