SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 7 June 2008

My own private Idaho

One of my favourate films to date. On the most superficial level, the film is worth watching for River Pheonix's style and clothing but for the more discerning film critique it definately warrants a watch due to its documentation of social class and vices in society.


River Pheonix, is for me one of the "coolest" (however juvenile that sounds) people to date and demonstartes why in this film. However, hes not one to deviate from pattern's and consequently died at the age of 23 from a drug overdose of heroin and cocaine.


Not only did he act, but he was also a guitarist and prominent activist, famous for having said, "I wish sometimes that I wasn't as conscious as I am"

1 comment:

Kevin Lanre said...

Wasn't that film broke back mountain before broke back mountain?

Theres some unpleasant scenes in there.