SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 2 February 2008

A Dilla Donut Download A Day: Feb 2nd, Song #2

It's the 2nd of Dilla February: time for your next donut.

I hope you enjoyed the last, there's plenty more hot, greasy, golden goodies on the way...


Day 2, Song 2:

Spacek feat. Frank-n-Dank - Eve [Remix] (Produced by J-Dilla)


Above is a rare 12" vinyl single release from 2000 featuring the suitably repressed vocals of underground soul artist Spacek ventilating over a rippling backdrop of intergalactic arousal; the type of shit you could use to communicate with a UFO, like they did in the 1977 sci-fi odyssey Close Encounters of The Third Kind (you have to see the movie to even find what I'm saying remotely amusing, or else I just sound like I've never had a girlfriend in my life). Here, observe...





And see 37 seconds into the beat when those softly-struck Moog synthesiser keys emerge through the bass? I get the kind of tingles that women get when they're briskly walking through scarcely lit alley ways in Peckham. Somewhat.

No comments: