SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 14 February 2008

If Only, If Only ...

there had been a proper video made for this song.

Nevertheless, please take a moment to sit back and marvel this superb piece that enfuses soul, funk and jazz all put together in a delightful concoction by a group from the Seventies called Cymande. The song in question is Crawshway and is from their second LP released in 1973 entitled Second Time Around.



For more information about the group just visit here.
Cymande

p.s. Happy Valentines Day !

4 comments:

Josey Rebelle said...

CYMANDE ARE THE GREATEST!!! And from London, baby!!!

did you get a chance to catch them at jazz cafe last year...that had to be one of the best performances i've ever experienced!

wicked :)

@greg_bntl said...

No, although I wish that I had ... Fingers crossed another chance will come along soon !

0325-- said...

Cymande are over-serious Gregg.

an utterly smash post.

They Call Me Cav.. said...

Cymande :) One of my favourite EVER groups... I have all 3 LPs, my favourite being their debut self-entitled. Their songs are filled with so much emotion, depth and meaning it's extremely hard not to like them. (from the west indies, caught their break in london :P) Unfortunately due to lack of fund-age I couldn't catch them at the Jazz Cafe... I can only imagine the experience :(