SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Friday 1 February 2008

A Dilla Donut Download A Day: Feb 1st, Song #1

It's the 1st of the month... light the candles with petrol and blowtorches, Dilla February is upon us and the flame for a hip-hop deity burns its brightest.

For the next 10 days until the 10th of Feb (James Yancey's day of passing) I intend to celebrate his majesty here at BNTL by replacing somber moments of silence with respectful moments of noise. In homage to the musical hero of many, myself faithfully included, I’d like to share a Dilla joint every day with you. 1 donut a day for that ass. Eat well. Live long. Shake unto a hernia.

I’ll avoid outright baitness and attempt to pump gems that get lesser shine. Regardless of whether or not you’ve heard the drop before; I’d appreciate if you could be quiet & bump obediently till blood starts trickling down your earlobes at the sheer splendour... consider it symbolic, a bit like Stigmata.


Day 1, Song 1:

Phat Kat - Big Booties (Produced by J-Dilla)


From Kat’s 2004 The Undeniable record. Permit me to start you off with a filthy, electronic, clap-laden spank ode. In the year 2087, my brain will be pickled in a glass jar mounted onto a cyborg’s body with a mechanical dick gallivanting around fucking android strippers to this beat. Probably.

If you have any particular Dilla ditty requests over the coming decathlon, I may consider it even though I'm a pompous, elitist, snob with exceptional musical taste and will choose my own preference over yours... holla at http://www.myspace.com/shanphearon

Jay Dee alias J-Dilla, rock in peace, we love.

Photobucket


P.S. Get wild at The Lookout's Dilla tribute night where fellow BNTL'ist DJ Cavalry the Eccentric Soul Bandit will be droppin' atom bombs next Thursday at Favela Chic, just off Old Street. It's for charity, you insensitive pricks.

2 comments:

Mrs. W said...

ILL POST! THANKYOU!

Anonymous said...

request for Slum Village - Climax :)