SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 19 January 2012

JOSEY REBELLE INTERVIEW - OO1

Name/Names:

Josey Rebelle

Where are you from? Where are you living?

London, baby.

Describe the music you play?

Everything from acid house, garage and jungle through to boogie, electro and rare groove, but my number one rule is that I only play stuff that I love from the bottom of my heart. I’m really fussy. Sometimes I’ll be on Discogs checking out music for five hours and only buy three records.

Who are you down with? Who do you rep?

Rinse FM. I have a weekly show every Thursday night/Friday morning from 03:00 - 05:00 GMT. I would die for Rinse FM. Okay, I wouldn't actually die for it, that's a little melodramatic. But, yeah, I love my show.

DSC_0064

What was the first tune of the last set you played?

'Aftermath' by Nightmares on Wax on Warp Records. Pure orgasm-inducing bass. Well that's what my adoring male groupies tell me anyway.

Tell us about your latest projects?

Radio’s my newest project – I only started my show in May. Coming up with two hours of sick new (but mainly old) music week after week is an amazing challenge, and then to get people from the UK and Europe right through to the US and Australia tuning in, downloading the podcasts and appreciating the vibes is the best.

Favourite tune to play out in the past few months?

I'll give you a clue: it's not Drake.

Favourite item of clothing you own?

I've had a camouflage fetish for over ten years now and my absolute favourite item of clothing in the entire universe has to be my Maharishi bonsai forest print sweat pants. Bury me in those babies. When I'm dead, I mean. Don't try and bury me alive or any shit like that.

DSC_0053

Your five needs to get high on life?

Love

Discogs

Stationery

Running

Operation Good Guys

Favourite meal?

Anything with family.

Drink of choice?

Tea

Favourite body part?

My hair because I can hide my face behind it. MF Doom and SBTRKT wish they were me.

Is it better Never, than Late?

It's never too late.

DSC_0049

Give us one name to watch for in 2012?

David Cameron. Pure evil.

What's set for you in 2012?

Retain consistent penmanship across all pages of one A5 Moleskine square-ruled notebook. Oh and take over the world, obvs.

Photo's by Tom Spellman

Warmers:



Here's a couple of links:




CATCH JOSEY REBELLE @ BNTL PRESENTS 001 FRIDAY NIGHT!!!


BNTL Presents - SLIMZEE, JOSEY REBELLE, JON RUST & BNTL RESIDENTS @ CAMP BASEMENT

Email: bntlpresents@gmail.com for £3 ALL NIGHT cheaplist.

No comments: