SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Finally something right up my street...

I'm linking from Hypebeast again but finally there is something on there I'm really feeling. I'm not familiar with the brand "Untold" but the Fall 2008/9 preview that was posted today looks great!

I don't think I'm wrong in saying the general streetwear aesthetic has changed so much in the last 24 months. Summer 2006 was still brimming with all over print hoodies, skull/diamond/gun/chain printed t-shirts and crazy bold colours. The following Fall/Winter saw the ushering in of the "conservatory" look, where consumers were getting fed up with the constant barrage of huge graphics and bold colours and opted for a more subtle approach. I know this is definitely true for myself.

Which brings me to today, I find myself drawing more and more for plain tee's, plain shirts and basic shoes. I mean the shoes is a obvious one, the downfall of Nike SB and the Airmax which was almost ever present in the "What are you wearing today" threads of many streetwear fashion forums. We now see Vans, Vans, Vans oh and a bit of Visvim. If I'm honest I've always been a huge fan of the plain black shoe so it was a natural progression for me and a great joy to see Vans release so many black shoes in their Syndicate line. But back to the clothing..

Whether it is people getting fed up of the prints/colours and craziness or the brands playing it safe in this current economic uncertainty, by sticking to staple and safe pieces that are guaranteed to sell, new brands such "Reigning Champ" for one have benefited from this and the brand this post is all about "Untold"

Here is a fine example of the basic look done well. With a strict eye on quality and comfort the Fall/Winter 2008/9 Line is a masterpiece and will try my hardest to get my grubby mitts on a lot of these items..

Take a look:










More info go to: http://www.untold.jp/

15 comments:

@OllieDanger said...

Good post Witts.

Its good to see a new brand start with a collection so clean and subtle. Brands trying to explode onto the scene with the brightest colours and the loudest of prints got quite boring. Begging for attention shouldnt be what streetwear is about!

Tina Turnover said...

nice nice post.

CheerioHello said...

the gears lookin killa

Anonymous said...

Ummm…
Have you never hear of Visvim? or Head Porter? or Head Porter Plus?

All that brand have done is copied EXACTLY what they have been doing for years…

@witts_bntl said...

is Visvim mentioned in the post.. yes.

and yes i am very familiar with those brands. Those brands that are mixing with high end fashion more than streetwear. Producing items that dont really appeal to me and are also price pointed way above my budget.

Untold has obviously been influenced by the brands you have mentioned but i feel their collection is definitely much more streetwear influenced.

Also if you actually look at the items in the post there is a collaboration between Untold and Headporter.

Matthew Schnickens said...

Great post Witts, really well written.

Tina Turnover said...

Question.....Why is it that haters never show there face?

PropperGanda said...

well written post! absolute class.

im abit funny on the whole branding of the label its so much like visvim but that is me...

is this stuff affordable for us students tho coz if so, ill be on it like butter on bread!!!

This brand shows that there is a brand for each individual out there coz God knows I wud look whak in bape!

much Love to the BNTL massif

Anonymous said...

ace witts.

Anonymous said...

MR TWITTS and all who think this label is new please do your homework,untold has been around for about five years.
But you would not know this,because all the bright allover prints that you hate is what you were probably rocking back then.
Untold is not a "streetwear label"
dont get it twisted MR JOHNNY COME LATELY + What is "conservatory" look...SPELLCHECK Dumb ass!

@witts_bntl said...

Calm down son.

The brand is new to me and I'm sure new to a lot of people reading this or Hypebeast.

No hating of bright all over prints is mentioned just a change in personal opinion and style. So please read the post properly before making such rash comments.

Streetwear is interpreted by the individual and the post is written by me. Voicing MY OWN OPINION

Also spell check wouldn't have picked up the "conservatory" look becuase conservatory is not mispelled, maybe used in a different context but everyone who read the post seemed to get what I meant.

So please dont leave such stupid fucking comments on my posts, actually please dont bother reading our blog is all you're gonna do is moan and hate about how educated you are on fashion and demonstrate how much of a complete cunt you are.

Anonymous said...

I have had some knowledge of Untold for a short time as well. I agree with the post though. very nice.

Phoebe said...

I'm seconding Matt on this. Really nicely written, Witts! The stuff is nice, too. It's all about understatement... especially when it comes to menswear.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but Untold are a complete rip off from Visvim. Even Jorg from Firmament agrees.

Anonymous said...

TWITTS,
STREETWEAR IS INTERPRETED BY A INDIVIDUAL DICKHEAD...THATS YOU BY THE WAY.