SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Monday 21 July 2008

The London Expedition

With the decision made to head to the Capital late Wednesday night, I booked my train tickets and awaited the next day. I finished work an hour early headed to the station and board the Virgin Pendilino to Euston.

Arriving just before six I then made my way to Liverpool Street to meet Ollie. Heading to the Vice Photobook Exhibition, we had a look round and took advantage of the free bar, Ollie initially opting for the "petrol" which was incredibly harsh on the throat even with the lime juice added!

P1090127

P1090132

P1090135

P1090138

Matt, Josh, Aaron and I decided to head for some food leaving Ollie and Lucy to get their moneys worth at the free bar..

Ordering our Supreme, no I mean super pepperoni pizza much quicker than Matt and Josh as they bickered over what flavour to order, our food arrived swiftly we headed to Hoxton square via the shop for the beers.

After being pestered by dogs and tramps we made our way to the Vice pub for the after party with promise of more free drink. With wasteman security Josh and Ollie were denied entry for looking underage? Ollie managed to sweet talk his way in (I think the bouncer fell for those chubby cheeks(no homo)) we soon realised the party wasn't all that we ended up chilling outside for most of the time. Arrived Tina Turnover aka BNTLs Big Sister rolling camera in hand and eager to capture the evenings events.

I went inside to grab a few pictures and grab a free beer. With no beer left I was offered some free sambuca which went down a treat but left with sticky hands to operate my camera. I'm gonna blame that for the crapness of the following pictures inside the pub..

P1090140

P1090142

The majority then decided to go to Juno offering Hip Hop and expensive drink we rolled in to a predominantly male crowd..

P1090155

P1090162

P1090209

We had friends inside and spent the rest of the evening here treated with Hip Hop classics and even live Saxophone until closure.

P1090220

P1090208

We were then invited back to, well no one actually knew his name but this French guys house for Champagne. With a short walk to Spitalfields market and having to break and enter into the property the hospitality was fantastic and the promise of Champagne was met.

P1090239

P1090248

P1090253

The Guy even cooked for us!

P1090265

Matt opted for the Bitter..

P1090237

It got to about 4 and we decided to leave, heading back to Tina's house via a Taxi. A brief chill and blog discussion in the kitchen soon tired us out and we headed to our rooms.. Sharing a bed with Ollie for the first time, I now know he steals all the covers and I partially snore.

The next morning, or afternoon by the time I had got ready we went to a cafe for some breakfast, personally I thought the sausage was whack but otherwise a very tasty breakfast.. finally everyone made their separate ways and it was back to Matt's.

P1090276

P1090277

P1090273

P1090279

Friday was an incredibly lazy day with no documentation at all. Matt and I had a romantic Gourmet Burger Kitchen courtesy of our vouchers..

Saturday we headed to Covent Garden arriving an hour later than planned grabbed a Subway and had a look round the shops, with the trees bearing no fruit my wallet stayed in my pocket and on the way back we caught up with Moses who had just finished work, we chilled for an hour or so before Matt and Moses left and I met up with Zayna for dinner.

I was promised an authentic Japanese meal and this is what I got. Chicken katsu but with no curry, served with scrambled egg and brown rice it was a tastey combination, sadly the only documentation from the meal is the complimentary matches and receipt..

P1090432

Our next trip was to Visions Video in Dalston to Tina's night "Work It" which is an entirely new post!

Few extra pictures here...



Paix!

16 comments:

@OllieDanger said...

I was mad drunk from the 'petrol'. Proper random night...they say they are always the best ones.

Witts tho my man you are forgetting one very important part of the night. Ollie being crownd 'Lyrical King of Juno 08'.

@witts_bntl said...

ahhh shit i completely forgot about that!

large up the lyrical master. I bet that french guy was so happy you left that canvas as a gift for him..

Tina Turnover said...

His name was GAVIN!!!!!!!!

hehe

Anonymous said...

I had a wicked night Sat, Visions was alot! SHAME THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF IT!

Hold tight Tina and all her lot, espically the cute one who i was having eye sex with all night but then who disappeared.

I like raving till 5! When we out next?

@witts_bntl said...

SHAME THERE'S NO EVIDENCE OF WHAT JACK?

Anonymous said...

me being there!!!!

@witts_bntl said...

look in the rest of the pictures....

Anonymous said...

i know but i cant at work, i will when i get home!
i was only playing wittsy!!

Anonymous said...

Jack... this girl doesn't exist.

Anonymous said...

she does bruv! your pal see her! i swear, she held my hand and everything. told me she was coming for me at the end of the night.

she looked like mischa barton, twas alot.

Anonymous said...

co sign

Anonymous said...

here here.. the nasty ho

Anonymous said...

his name wasn't Gavin......it was David pronounced Daveeeeeddd....the french dude in the dungarees...held up by safety pins....

Anonymous said...

His name was Jerome.

@OllieDanger said...

Yeh man it was defo Jerome. im in the area so i may go round and ask for my painting...maybe stay for dinner.

Anonymous said...

I got the bus home at 430, woke to the driver shaking me telling me to get of his bus!
I walked throu the deep dark (actually light by then) streets of east london, fell asleep and woke 3 hours late for work!
When i finaly arrived at work, they sent me home as i stunk of boozE!

SCORE!
x Lucy