SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 24 April 2008

Yesterdays nonsense..

Went back to Pictet early yesterday to shoot Lucy Orta and her installation art, and met a photographer who was shooting for the art section of the Financial Times, feeling inadequate I took my pictures and made a swift getaway.

orta1
orta

With time to kill, I headed to Glorias, and talked myself into buying new half cabs.. having categorically decided that I DIDN'T need any new trainers for at least 3 months..

DSC_6256

With time still to kill I decided to text my friend to see if our meeting time could be brought forward, fortunately it was do-able, so I headed to Bethnall Green to check out a new shop called Imperius Rex (#75 Roman Road) - walked past it a few times trying to locate it, as the sign is a tiny sticker on the window.. When I got there I realised it was in-fact shut! But peering through the window I noticed Lemar & Dauley, Mishka, Mos Def's brand - name escapes me & Milk Cred and a few nice looking pieces. Reggie arrived and we went back to Brick Lane, dropped in at the Be True exhibition and saw Jordan & Q "working" at the temporarily re-located Nike:ID studio, due to a 2 week refurbishment at the one in Oxford Circus, got a few shots in the surrounding area and then decided food was needed.. With the BBQ of 1001 beckoning we resisted and headed for the Thai place just to the left of Glorias.. Green Curry with Beef & Noodles was the meal of choice.. HIGHLY recommended, it was incredible.

DSC_6155
DSC_6158
DSC_6180
DSC_6186

We then left in search of more photo oppurtunities and with the weather being uncharacteristically generous, found a few!

DSC_6211
www.atribecallednext.com
DSC_6223
DSC_6238
Sneaker room, it's alot it's alot.

I then left for South, and was home for 5 minutes before heading all the way back to Liverpool Street to meet Gynelle. Went 1001 for a Ham & Cheese (staple) baguette and a Mango Madness and went to the oddest cinema, the name of which has totally escaped my memory, Chill Mix or something ludicrous - where we watched Funny Games.. which I recommend, though not highly! Not for the mentally unstable.

More later, as I am now departing for another Canary Wharf based bundle of fun.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

why has no-one commented these photos?! they're sick!

Gynelle said...

SNAP i was thinking the same-photos are buff-maybe cause we're all used to great photos from matt?!

Anonymous said...

no one really wants to comment on that cbbc nob