SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Friday 20 March 2009

Neverneverland/Afrika Bamabaataa

Last Saturday I hit up the Neverneverland rave at The Coronet to see the legend that is Afrika Bamabaataa. As soon as I heard he was in the UK I was hyped to see him.

To be honest I left disappointed. I don't know if it was the venue's fault, the people or the great man himself but something was missing. Maybe having Q-tip in town on the same night had something do with it. Mr Bambaataa's set was still live but I think I was expecting a bit much from him. The man pretty much invented the game so he's getting on a bit. Bopping round the stage weren't going to happen!

011

008

Best part was when the hype man got the gal dem on stage...

010

012

Zulu Nation...

015

The Work It room came good as always. Usual suspects had the crowd more than bubbling...

005

Max Volume...

006

Blaise Bellville...

016

Don't think I could ever get bored of hearing his set.

Large up The Kool Kids holding it down nicely in room 2. Props to George for the hook up...

004

I'm glad I reached. The man is still the main guy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

london, paris, new york, southend???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
@misterlego said...

Holdtight tina promoting gun violence ! ! !

John McClane said...

KOOL KIDS KLUB!!!!
you lot should try get some tickets sorted for their second birthday!
fun fun fun.

John McClane said...

KOOL KIDS KLUB!!!!
you lot should try get some tickets sorted for their second birthday!
fun fun fun.