SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Producer Interview Series // Mr. Mitch

If you missed part 1 of The Producer Interview Series yesterday with Teeza you can read it again HERE and download the FREE track HERE

Today's producer interview is with Mr.Mitch which looks at his forthcoming releases, tips on production and an insight into his production.

1. First off please introduce yourself and give us a brief background to your work.

My name is Mr.Mitch, I’m a grime producer from South-East London. I produce a lot of instrumental grime and have had stuff released on Butterz and Subdepth with more on the way. I most recently produced the track ‘Doin It Again’ on Skepta’s album of the same name.

2. When did you first get into producing music and how did it come about?

HipHop Ejay was my first stint with music, when I was about 12. Putting together loops to create my own song was fun but I soon got bored and wanted to create my own music, I got a copy of fruity loops when I was about 13 and started from there really. It was only something I did for fun up until 2009/10 where I wanted to try and make a name for myself.



3. What would be your one piece of advice for up and coming producers?

Produce music that comes naturally to you. Don’t try and follow the ‘in’ sound, because people can tell when it’s forced. And always try to improve yourself, there’s always something new to learn.

4. What has been you most favourite moment in grime so far?

Personally my most favourite moment was managing to work with Skepta via a post on twitter. If that doesn’t show the power of social networking I don’t know what does.

But as a whole this resurgence of grime that seems to be happening, with a lot of the old guys coming back is something to be pretty happy about. People seem like they may finally come to accept grime as it is and not as a stepping stone to Pop success.




5. What can we expect from you over the coming months / year?

I’ve got an EP coming out on Boogaloo City later this month called The Advocate (
http://soundcloud.com/mrmitchmusic/mr-mitch-the-advocate-forthcoming-boogaloo-city).

I’ve also got another EP set to come out later this year on Fortified Audio ‘Centre Court EP’ (
http://soundcloud.com/gostwan-fortified/mr-mitch-centre-court-ep-elim011-preview)

Plus another EP on DJ Total’s new label Redefined Avenue.

On my own label Gobstopper Records I’ve got a big release lined up from Deset which is in the process of being mixed at the moment.

So a lot still to look forward to!



Mr.Mitch - M42 by BNTL

Mr. Mitch -
TWITTER

Mr. Mitch -
SOUNDCLOUD

Mr. Mitch -
YOUTUBE

No comments: