SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Friday 26 October 2007

False Advertising.

P1190486

Just had the ham flavour, and didn't taste any Hocus or Pocus, just ham. Hoping that the Sorcerers Roast Chicken will be less of a dissapointment.. And what's with them cashing in on the Wizard hype, I don't even like Ham or Chicken flavour Hula Hoops, but the thought of a Harry Potter tie in rendered me sold. Hula Hoops also have seasonal shaped crisps which I considered but the flavour names are like.... ah fuck, I got sidetracked... I am just reading Hula Hoop reviews, below I have extracted all the critical points..

"These are one of my all time, favourite potato snacks and I would sit and eat one pack after another if I could. I just can’t get enough of that crunchiness!"

"When you open a packet of these, you see lots of little 3D hoops inside, of a really light golden colour. The hoops remind me of a wedding ring, though a lot smaller in size, too small to fit on an adult’s finger, but you get the picture! They are also not as even in shape and have a rough texture. There is on average, 26 hoops in each pack.
If you smell the hoops, whilst they are still in the bag, there is, to be honest, no smell that says that these are going to be a really tasty snack. They have the usual light potato smell that you get with most unflavoured snacks, but there again they are the original ones."

"The best part of these though is in the eating! You put one in your mouth, bite on it and, CRUNCH! They are so, so crunchy. This is the main reason that I like these so much. Again, there is not much to the taste, nothing that really hits your tastebuds and not very salty either, which I don’t mind as I think that too much salt can spoil a snack, though this wont be to everyones liking.
One bag of these is not very filling, but there again, being a snack, they’re not really meant to be, are they. These are appealing to me, for the crunchiness more than anything else."

In my opinion, he made some valid points.. they are very crunchy, and too much salt CAN spoil a snack - finally someone on a plain.

During posting this, I had the Sorcerers Roast Chicken, and it had the above effect on me.. Long live the Hula Hoop.

No comments: