SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Wednesday 13 August 2008

Sweet Like Candy & Biggies VIP Bash

Delayed blogging again down to finishing work for the paper and what not but finally I'm round to blogging Saturday night!

Arrived at around 11:30 to a very very hot Concrete (formerly named 'The Boiler Room' for a reason), I was surprised to find the front room closed meaning everything was happening in the back room which is much bigger. As I made my way through to the back room I wondered if there would be enough people inside to fill the capacity and my question was answered when I saw a very healthy crowd inside.

Not sure of who was on the decks at this point but dropping some hip hop classics he had the crowd warming but not moving, half an hour past and Greg stepped up with the intention of adding some much needed energy to the party!

In the mixle

P1100756

Another solid set from Greg, not as deep as the previous week and drawing for a fair few grime tunes he definitely had the crowd going with Ed Solo's - Age of Dub. As the hour went by and the temperature got hotter more people were feeling the affects of the drink and got involved in some dance floor action.

1 o clock came and Rattus Rattus plugged in his Serato for an hour of dubstep, bashment, drum n bass and hip hop. He definitely got the crowd moving with some insane antics from both the male and female contingents, the infamous "dance circle" made an appearance and some damn right disgraceful dance moves from some of the women. Drawing for Subfocus - Timewarp made me happy but directly after playing Pendulum - Tarantula really killed the vibe, also the drop of the Caspa - Where's my money remix begs the question of back door MP3s???

Pix:

P1100768

P1100773

Going golfing?

P1100780

Skepta???

P1100782

Rattus Rattus

P1100786

P1100815

P1100766

P1100771

P1100789

P1100800

P1100803

P1100805

P1100817

P1100819

P1100828

P1100829

P1100835

Mustard

P1100842

And there's more...



It was almost 2 and I had been asked to pop down to the Rainbow for MC Biggies VIP bash to snap a few shots. Thanks to Escape for the guest list I jumped in a taxi and headed down... I reasonable crowd inside, I caught the last tune from Randall before it was time for Escape to step up. Business as usual as Escape worked through his unique jump up set, again playing the new PA tune and again putting strain on the faces of ravers inside.

Next up was an old skool set from Birmingham legend Phase 2, plenty of classics and some rather heavy amen's from Joe he kept the crowd on its feet till the early hours, even with a few slip ups on the decks it was great to hear some real classics out in a rave.

Few pictures:

Bassface

P1100849

Trackin managed to keep his hands to himself this time

P1100854

P1100867

Rapeface

P1100869

Biggie working hard

P1100886

Phase 2 deep in the mix

P1100903

Few more:



Paix.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Pics and Blog Witts.

You do make me laff sometimes , 1 week Old skool is not ur thing ,,, next week its deffo your thing.

haha all good tho ;0)

@witts_bntl said...

ahhh man let me explain..

Old skool Jungle definitely isn't my thing!! but phase 2 was dropping my kind of old skool (99-03) kinda stuff... tunes i recognise and no jungle!

Anonymous said...

Yo man. Far to many flicks of the same shit. It visually clogs the flow of the blog, i mean is it really neccesary to post all of those? Most of them are really ugly people too.

A couple of snaps would be fine.

Sorry

Anonymous said...

weak post.

Anonymous said...

not weak but 25 shots? so boring to scroll through

Matthew Schnickens said...

Haha, I told you it was too many pics!

@witts_bntl said...

I care, not!

Anonymous said...

I value no ones opinion when they stay anonymous.....

PropperGanda said...

Big post, big pics!! As usual!

Veez