SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Breakthru: Shy Fx, Marcus Intalex & Lynx

Another instalment of Breakthru, on arrival I was informed Shy FX wouldn't be playing due to illness but Randall will be filling in, after listening to quite a bit of 36 Chambers material earlier in the week I wasn't disappointed and began anticipating the militant beats Randall was gonna bring.

Med Bar took it's time to fill, but by 12 o'clock a healthy crowd bounced around the dancefloor as Lynx stepped up. Billed as a live I was expecting an Ableton based Mac set but instead it was purely CDs and live vocals from DRS and Kemo. Not normally a fan of MC's DRS and Kemo smashed it, with Lynx drawing for plenty of diversity and minimal tunes to showcase the vocal talents I was hugely impressed.






I mingled in and out between Dan B and Marcus Intalex awaiting Randall at 3. Outside was something very different, dubstep with a live drum beat. Surprisingly this worked very well, the DJ was playing plenty of Skream and well known dubs and the drummer did a great job creating a live pulse to all of the tunes...



As 3 o'clock came I went back inside eagerly awaiting Randall. Straight into the mix with Fozz hosting, coming with a sound of drum n bass no one else can replicate, smashing through dubplate after dubplate. Drawing for the Congonatty remix of Babylon - Splash I was jumping about like a cunt I'd been dying to hear that tune all night! The hour went by quickly skanking on my part was a lot.

Randall in the mix



Fozz



Big up Randall!

Few crowd shots:













For all of the pictures:



Paix

No comments: