SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Friday 30 July 2010

Gil Scott Heron - Somerset House

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of going to see a living legend, a man who's life story has seen more troubles than most people to say the least. Gil Scott Heron live and direct at Somerset House. First time i've seen anyone perform at Somerset House and you can't really fail as an artist performing on this stage...

IMG_0232

IMG_0249

IMG_0240

IMG_0235

IMG_0251

The concert was perfect, supported by Mayor Hawthorne and then out came Gil Scott Heron to a pretty mature crowd, we were probably the youngest crew there but it was all good.

His personality is huge and he had the crowd rolling around in stitches in between tracks.

He opted to play more of his old material which wasn't a massive shock but he did play one of my favourite songs from 'I'm New Here'...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went with my crew too! You weren't the only ones, the crowd was really mixed anyway. Gil is incredible.