SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 27 September 2007

Yo!MTV Raps, 8s and pizza.

I had a lunch appointment in Bond Street, got there rather early, so checked out Selfridges, HMV and Foot-locker.

In the trendy socialite scene this friday, pretty much every sneaker spot in London is playing host to Dre, Ed Lover & MC Shan... I think Doug. E. Fresh too, those 'what know' say it's going to be decent, but I fail to see how... With the exception of Doug, I really don't give a shit. But anyway, those 'what know' will re-collect the Yo!clydes (one drop in green, one in pink).. Well now the idea has been painfully re-hashed into a suede... And they are selling them in bloody foot-locker! So once again, a once credible piece of iconic hiphop nostalgia has been flipped into a present day malgamation, and sold for £64.99. I risked life and limb under the intense scrutiny of aggro Foot-Locker sales assistants to bring you the suede pictures, that you can obviously view in a more secure environment at places such as Glorias and Size.. Why did I bother?

I also came close to taking pictures of the Jordan 8s, but I when I prepared the shot, the aforementioned aggy guy asked me a series of questions.. culminating in "if you're not buying, piss off!", I read between the lines and left briskly.

Then onto pizza express, where we took our chances and ate al fresco. I popped into HMV on my way there and reminsiced a little about when the hiphop section was about half an aisle of sub-par CDs.. Now it's a whole section, and it's not hiphop anymore... it's URBAN! 'The cd-era is a false economy', I thought to myself while re-buying 'One For All' due to the multiple scars on my previous copy.. Only 9 quid! bit of a result.

Then I ventured into Nike town, hoping to capture pictures of the 8s, and the missing colourway that caused the store assistants so much trouble in Foot-locker. I finally saw Marcus working at Nike Town, the rumours are true.. he DOES ACTUALLY WORK THERE! We cuddled and laughed briefly about the majority of the Jordan brand stuff in the 'basketball' section of Niketown, but he was on a busy schedule, as you can imagine, so I left pretty hastily. The pics speak for themselves, and if they don't... Read the captions.. You lazy swines.




Yeah, yeah.. It was Hull, it was the Carling Cup, but.. a wins a win.. Big congrats to Scott Sinclair and Steve Sidwell.





No relation!!




SCP x W1 x I don't know these people.






Up ahead you will see an unmarked police car illegally parked (seemingly unneccesarily) in the bus lane! One rule for us and all that bollocks...

More soon.

No comments: