SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Monday 28 January 2008

20 going on 15

Who has seen this woman merking off a man for smoking? Apologies if it's already been posted before but it's too funny to be missed


I met the Boy’s family this weekend. I call my man the boy for numerous reasons; firstly, despite the fact he’s bigger and uglier than me, and 8 years my senior, he can go on like a 15-year old road boy at times; secondly I’m reading a book where the narrator refers to her man as ‘The Boy’ (brownie points to anyone who can guess what book it is, based on that!).

So yeah, I met his 42-year-old brother, the current girlfriend (a delightful chirpy blonde) and his two boys (15 and 8ish).

I know it’s cliché but when I met the Boy I was so in love with the fact that we had “everything in common” – Hip Hop, kicks, films, sense of humour… the usuals. Now none of that matters, and the only thing we wish we had in common is our energy levels. He’s a stable, relaxed, lets-invest –in- our-future TV addict kind of guy. Whereas admittedly, I am a whimsical individual, a go-getter, outdoorsy and restless.

Although he says I made a good impression on his brother (a thoroughly-travelled, leather smith who wants to smack the black off Ian Wright) I am skeptical because I had more in common with his 15 year old son. We talked Chipmunk (he’s fire, alie?) and all things grimey, creps and new era hats! He’s the only person who is impressed by the fact that I have met Kano & Skepta, and that my cousin can be seen in Bashy’s ‘Black Boys’ video (I don't expect you to be impressed either). I heard him run up to his dad and whisper, “She’s cool, she likes grime and wears new era hats!” The Boy’s brother waltzed up to me and said almost disgustedly, “YOU like grime?” I was tempted to daringly reply, “And what fam?” but instead I smiled bashfully.
Then the Boy put the icing on the cake by saying, “ She’s more ghetto than the rest of us!”
Me? No effing way. I was born and bred in (a youth hostel and various council estates in Camden)… never mind!

3 comments:

@misterlego said...

lol nooice post

s said...

HAHAHA..... THE BOY! well, its better than our previous the ''monster!''

the boys brother is right. why on earth do u know anything about anyone who calls themselves CHIPMUNK....

Mrs. W said...

lololol!!