SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Monday 21 January 2008

Stowmarket..

So I left London earlier today, to my countryside retreat.. And on my journeys stop-gap I took some photos of the one time stomping ground that is Stowmarket.. If you've never been, you'd probably not enjoy it, but it harbours alot of fond memories - made all the better by blurry rose tinted hindsight..

Quick Stow fact, as supplied to me by my good friend (and Stowmartian) Dan Smallwood - Stowmarket train station was in fact voted best station on the whole 'One' line.. And if that doesn't impress you, you're reading the wrong blog.

Anyway, on with the pictures and sporadic commentary -

1
The best part of Stowmarket is feasibly the the train station, as it's the most effective way out..

2
3
Outside Excel, these pavements have seen more vomit, piss and blood than any other 4x4metre square the world over.

4
Bangers & Mash at Verandah? Sounds like an absolute nightmare.

5
To your left used to be a squatter hot-spot, but the council fought back and ripped the buildings down.

6
And back to the station.. Ok, I missed out Wimpy, Piss Alley, The Oak and Woolworths, but other than that - Stowmarket has been covered for the next 5 years. Goodnight. Goodnight.

No comments: