SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Sunday 14 December 2008

"No one can compete with our Killa Sound"

Once again Friday night saw another very successful Deadly Rhythm affair in full effect. This time round it was held at the Goldsmith's Student Union as opposed to the usual Amersham Arms venue. In my opinion this was a superb move for a plethora of reasons. For example pints for £1.50 with a policy of drinking the bar dry, a funktion one sound system and an expansive skanking area were definitely the makings for an exceptional dance.

As for the line-up well that's another story ... need I say more?

IMG_0838


Toddla T definitely had the crowd going nuts with an eclectic mixture of dubstep, fidget and garage. I'm not sure if it was him or the DJ before hand but the mix of Loefah - System (at least I'm pretty sure it was that) into DJ Luck and Mc Neat - Little Bit of Luck (Bassline Remix) left me stunned for a brief moment.

IMG_0833


South London's finest musketeer / host for the evening Alex and two equally delightful young ladies; Mary and Ilona

IMG_0835


Gabriella and Laura

IMG_0840


Lo and Tara

IMG_0852


Bonnie and Hope

IMG_0859


In summary every DJ stepped up firmly to the mark. Zinc came with a different style to what I would have necessarily expected. But at the same time made sure he dropped all his well known bangers to keep sweat discharge at an optimum level.

N-Type stepping up last well and truly smashed the dance to pieces . Without a doubt he is one of my favourite DJ's and his set for the stamina gang definitely explained why. He also kindly played both my requests of Coki & N-Type - Debt and Coki and Chefal - Mighty Twisted Metal.

Mr N (Brock Out) Type and Cheshire cat

IMG_0848


8 comments:

Lo said...

may i just point out that the sound was so sick that i ended up enduring a funktion one induced toothache.
deep.

Anonymous said...

haHA i like my new name. glad you had fun mate.

Elle Bee said...

the friend is hope!

missed out agaaaaain

Anonymous said...

haha thanks Lidia.
I wasn't a hundred per cent sure so I wanted to wait until someone told me.
One week in BCN remaining!

Anonymous said...

That Gabriella looks like Ace Ventura.

@witts_bntl said...

NEXT FWD LINE UP HEADLINERS.

NTYPE B2B GREG T (THE DEPTHS OF UK GARAGE TO THE FORFRONT OF THE DUBSTEP UNIVERSE SET)

Big up Zinc finally back on the scene after his 12 month "time out" period

Anonymous said...

bonnie is a fox

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing
I really like