SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 7 February 2008

A Dilla Donut Download A Day: Feb 7th, Song #7

It's the 7th of Dilla February: I’m going to keep it swift & sweet (rubbish pun intended).


Day 7, Song 7:

T-Love - When You're Older (Produced by J-Dilla)


Haven't heard this before? It's such an outstanding song? How the devil do I do it? Well crikey, gratitude people- I've had the longjohns around my ankles for last 7 days waiting for someone to display a magnificent Monica Lewinsky impersonation. Hol' tight Bill; you'll always get my vote bruv.

2003 saw the neglected album release of another unjustly overlooked female emcee/vocalist, T-Love (not to be confused with an obscure Polish rock band of same name); with a B-Girl essence closer to golden greats like MC Lyte than cunningulus-obsessed peers such as Trina. One glance of T-Love's cover-art discerningly conveys her artistic legitimacy:




Dilla fostered 2 productions on her sophmore effort Long Way Back, Who Smoked Sunshine and today's donut download above that features a bold, brassy backdrop for assertive pro-black raps, that lucidly ascends with a rousing flute to support her honey-drip husk on the hook: sounding-off like an elegant indicator of uprising. It's an empowering number that opposes the historical, social & institutional racial bias that black women experience in the past, present & shamefully foreseeable future based on the controversies of physical appearance. I think anyone regardless of weather they're external to that predicament, can respect that.

A chocolate donut to feed the conscience? Possibly. But then my complexion is "wood-grain" according to one particular individual, which is dissapointingly more Changing Rooms than it is Roots.


Now. Don't forget or I'll smack your cheeks to a purple hue- it's THE LOOKOUT's Dilla tribute party tonight. It's gonna be rather monumental. Expect to see a few BNTL Jehovas down there. I'll bob vertically like a hyperactive cock, as per usual. There's a major mystery treat planned aswell...the event's organiser Amelia has dissallowed me from revealing... let my words be a tickle to you.

Photobucket


P.S. Shouts to the United States Postal Service & Parcel Force dem for punctuality (better NOW than late), me n' the homie Viv's Dilla respect t-shirts arrived in the post this blue, chappin’ morrow. I don't usually post pics of garms, but then it's been a while since we had a wonderful 'What One Is Wearing' post (the stuff of legend) here at BNTL...




Rap naturists, we are not. Yet, I cannot decide weather to pair mine up with...




Reebok Pump Omni Lite x Scooby Doo or...




...the Nike Air Jordan Retro VII x Jumpman Scooby...




Then there's the Vintage '92 Starter Jacket. Might have to save this one.


I'm going to bed with Scoob. No homo. I'll see you muthafuckahs later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the "Thank You Jay Dee" Pt.3 podcast by the best J.Rocc released today.

http://stonesthrow.com/jukebox/

@misterlego said...

shower face monga

Anonymous said...

Pumps are foot heaven bossman.
Black pair over purple.
Nice Tees