SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 19 February 2008

A mixed bag

Arrived at work to find I couldn’t do anything because an "update" on the software we use went wrong so it was not working meant I sat twiddling my thumbs until lunch time. Thank god drum n bass arena isn't locked off by internet filters!


Once the system was back on having to rush through the complete the back-date of work I had, great fun...

With a stupid amount of traffic in Nuneaton my bus arrived late but with enough time to get me to the station, or so I believed. As we turned the corner traffic was at a standstill I arrived at the station at 17:40 missing my train by four minutes.

Looking at the time table the next train was due at 18:18. The key word being due, as most people who you use trains if there is an expected arrival time on the notice board sometime before the train is due it’s going to be even later than expected. Sitting in the freezing cold waiting room for over forty minutes wasn't great. A train finally arrived at 18:34 and was completely rammed with no seating. A dull ride in to Birmingham, I met Nell almost an hour late and we headed to Wagamas for some much needed nourishment. A very tasty meal hit the spot and a most enjoyable catch up with a friend I hadn’t seen in 2008 yet.

Bearing the cold weather I came home to a nice warm house and the blog.

Paix!

1 comment:

Rosie Posie said...

lick da plate clean